Day 1 Becoming my own Batman ( 2nd Time Round)

 


11 January 2021


Day 1 of Becoming My Own Batman


Yes, I fell off the wagon BIG TIME, I wasn’t going to do it anymore, yes I was just gonna quit!


Then I realised that I am allowed to not be perfect yet. I have had a few days off work and I am feeling just a little relieved that I have not had to go in. I don’t think people realise just how stressful it is working in essential retail has been. 


For a whole year we have been exposed to people who feel that coming into the store at 7am for the newspaper is essential. During the first lockdown we didn’t have any builders or workers coming into the store either, now it’s just like a normal day. Pop in three or four at a time to get a sandwich and a drink. These people should be at home!!


Mothers and fathers come in with tiny babies. If you ask me honestly that’s plain and simple child endangerment. Supermarkets are becoming the new superspreaders and yet I can’t say anything to anyone who chooses not to wear a mask or wears a mask under their nose.


It is ridiculous and I for one am sick of it. I am lucky though I spend most of my time at work in the office. My colleagues on the shop floor however don’t have the luxury of hiding behind closed doors. Some of my colleagues are elderly and or vulnerable. Some of my colleagues have new babies at home, some of my colleagues are looking after vulnerable parents or family members. I really don’t mind earning a little over minimum wage and I must admit that I enjoy going to work. I am very fond of almost all my colleagues. I’d go far enough to say that there are many of them I am more than fond of. These people listen to me when I have something to say and they laugh at my silliness. It is a safe place for me where I can be a little naughty, express myself and be a little more me.


I haven’t managed to see my bestie this week, that is disheartening for me. I am not big on texting and prefer to speak face to face, but this week has been strange.


Maybe once things start getting back to “Normal” I won’t feel so much pressure in keeping my blog going. I was going to say “try to keep my blog going” but then remembered what Yoda said “Do or do not, there is no try.”



Perhaps I should maybe try using The Force instead, in the spirit of mixed metaphors “Live long and prosper.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming My Own Batman day 7

Becoming My Own Batman Day 5